It’s National Cat Day on 8 August, also known as World Cat Day. It was established by the International Fund for Animal Welfare in 2002 to raise the awareness of homeless cats, celebrate the friendship that humans and cats share, and enlist support for the safety and well-being of cats.
- To celebrate our independent and beautiful feline friends, Whiskas highlights the six benefits of owning a cat:
Healthier heart – We know owning a pet gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling, but studies have revealed that owning a cat lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease by about 30 percent.
- Their purring has healing properties – As a proud cat owner, you are fully aware that the purring sound your cat makes is comforting as it means your cat is happy and comfortable. However, a cat’s purr vibrates at a frequency of 20-140 HZ, a frequency that is associated with the therapeutic healing of human bones and muscle.
- They contribute to reduced stress and anxiety – Having a cat around releases endorphins, which lowers your stress and anxiety levels. Cats are known for being super low-maintenance and a simple petting session is usually enough to make both you and your cat happy.
- They are independent – Cats are naturally independent creatures and require minimal supervision, making them the purr-fect pet for workaholics, people living in apartments, and mellow types. While you can take your cat for a walk, it isn’t necessary to their lifestyle.
- Unconditional love – A pet is a companion that will never judge you, will love you regardless of whatever happens and will always be there. We know cats can be aloof, but their unconditional love and affection raises your self-esteem. It is said that animals know when they have been rescued, so the bond between you and your re-homed pet will be especially strong.
Other posts by WHISKAS®
- WHISKAS® celebrates Animal Shelter Appreciation Week with local animal shelters in Gauteng
- WHISKAS® Decodes Your Cat’s Love Language
- Whiskas® scoops coolest pet food award, and we are paw-sitively ecstatic!
- We’re Going to Kitten Kollege with Whiskas®
- Dreams Do Come True – Life-Changing Animal Sterilisation Clinic Completed
- Feed Your Cat’s Curiosity with WHISKAS® Meaty Nugget Taste Sensation
- Pets and Fireworks: Six ways to keep your animals safe this festive season
- Whiskas: Give Your Cat The Best Of Both Worlds
Disclaimer: The information produced by Infurmation is provided for general and educational purposes only and does not constitute any legal, medical or other professional advice on any subject matter. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Always seek the advice of your vet or other qualified health care provider prior to starting any new diet or treatment and with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you suspect that your pet has a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider.